Thursday, September 6, 2012

Introduction


My name is Elyssa DiRaffaele and I am a senior and DePauw University. I am an English Writing major with a minor in Classical Civilizations. Even though I attend college in Indiana, I am originally from a small town in Connecticut. I have two younger siblings; Alli who is a senior in high school and Nick who is in eighth grade. Being away from them and my parents is the only thing I don’t like about the Midwest (and that there isn’t a substantial body of water within a fifteen minute drive). Post-graduation, I am hoping to attend law school and eventually become an attorney for a large international business.

My interest was sparked in the business field after taking an Investigative Journalism course with Mark Tatge. Currently, I am enrolled in his Economic Writing course which is where this blog stems from. Since my educational background in economics is extremely limited (I have only taken an introductory course) I am intrigued to expand my knowledge on the inner workings of our economy. I always hear people saying that economics is easy. Maybe what they mean is the concepts are easy to understand. But if economics were easy, I don’t think the United States would have over $16 trillion in debt.



No comments:

Post a Comment